Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Free For All: A Little Rant About Stupid Crude Idiots on Facebook


I use Facebook for all sorts of things. I connect with friends who are scattered all over the country, I network for my writing, I play games. It's a fun thing for me. Something I enjoy (maybe a slight bit addicted to).


I have over 2,000 friends on Facebook. Some of this is for my writing, some for my gaming. So, I know some of these people aren't going to be a high class of people. But really, what makes a person think they can IM me and ask crude questions.


Here is an IM I received this morning from someone I don't really know, just play Mafia Wars with (don't judge me, everyone needs their fun):


Zaid

hi

5:15amMegan

hi

5:15amZaid

may i plz ask you something?

5:15amMegan

yes

5:15amZaid

thanx

mmm.. can you plz sit on my face?


Really? Come on. And when I ignored him, he said please. Needless to say, we are no longer Facebook friends. I get a lot of IM's about Mafia Wars, so I assumed that is what he was going to ask me about.


And this is the second time this has happened. The first time was a few months ago. A guy asked me to blow him on IM.


Do these people have nothing better to do than sit at their computers and sexually harass others? Get a life, better yet, get a girlfriend. Of course, these guys are probably so socially retarded no one in their right mind would date them.


I know, this is the risk I take having so many friends that I don't really know. But I should have a right to my fun without having to feel violated.


Okay, rant all done. Thanks for giving me an ear. Love you guys.


Song of the Week: Redemption Song (love me some Marley)


Movie of the Week: A Simple Plan (that is one messed up story)


Book of the Week: Twisted Tree by Kent Meyers (reading it for Amazon Vine, don't know how I feel about it yet)


Quotes of the Week: "There's nothing more dangerous than a resourceful idiot." ~ Scott Adams


"Is being an idiot like being high all the time?" ~ Janeane Garofalo

2 comments:

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews