Thursday, January 21, 2010

Top four things I hate about Twilight. #1


Okay, my #1 in case you haven't guessed already is Edward. In so many ways. I admit, I loved Edward after reading Twilight. Utterly and absolutely. It was hard to see his obvious flaws back then through all that shiny. His over protective on the verge of controlling nature.
His stalkerish behavior. His manipulating Bella into thinking she cannot survive with out him. But then what does he do.....


...New Moon comes out and Edward disappears to go kill himself in Italy. And this is when I start to switch sides, although I don't think I saw it back when I was reading the book. This is when I begin to leave Team Edward, and move closer to Team Jacob. And I think Stephenie Meyer made a boo boo taking one of the main characters and making him close to nonexistent in the second book. This is probably what swayed many over to Jacob's team. But then Bella goes to Italy and everything is hunky dory again.

And wasn't it Edward that pushed Bella toward Jacob. Wasn't it Edward that wanted Bella to have that friendship? Then he acts like an ass when she does and doesn't want her hanging out with him anymore. He thinks Jacob is putting her life at risk. Um, vampire, what do you think YOU'RE doing? Not only do you want to suck the life out of her, you have every bad vamp in a 100 mile radius wanting to do the same thing. Pot, meet kettle.

Nail in the coffin, no pun intended, OK, maybe a little, the casting of Edward in the movie. Yes Robert whatshisface is a good actor. Yes, he made a fine Cedric Diggory. He sucks as Edward, pun totally and completely intended. I'm sorry but this casting just makes me hate Edward even more. Edward is supposed to be like the most beautiful man on earth. What part of that didn't the casting people get? Probably doesn't help his cause that Taylor Lautner is totally hunky as Jacob.

Well, that's all for the Twilight series with me. Tomorrow is the Friday Free For All. I think I'm going to start calling it F³A.

Thanks for reading me.

Kisses :*

Megan

2 comments:

  1. I am so relieved I am not the only one who doesn't see the "Adonis" in Robert Pattinson. He's simply not hot to me at all. I don't see what has all these women going nuts over him. I just want to punch him in the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! Punch him in the hair. Brilliant. Yep, doesn't appeal to me at all.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews