Thursday, January 14, 2010

Top four things I like about Twilight. #1


Vampires and werewolves. What's not to like? Sexy beasts the lot of them. Especially what Hollywood has done with them. Of course I've always love vampires, I have told you my kids sometimes call me Vampire Mom because of my affinity for the color black.

These monsters were a part of lives way before Twilight came out. Stephenie Meyer just brought them to the forefront again. Cartoons, like the Groovy Ghoulies and Scooby Do, and shows like The Musters introduced them to us at a young age.

Some of my favorite books and movies with these monsters? Number one definitely is Interview with a Vampire (the book, not the movie, not that the movie was bad, but really, who the hell cast Tom Cruise as Le Stat? Just as bad as Edward, not going there, that's next week) I fell in love with Louis when I read that book back when I was a teenager.

Movies like Fright Night and American Werewolf in London were a couple of my favorites back in the day. I remember AWIL being the cutting edge of special effects for the time period.


More recently I really liked Blade, the first Underworld movie (not so much the second), Brotherhood of the Wolf, and Blood and Chocolate. What they've done with Vampires and Werewolves are amazing. And of course two of my favorite shows ever were Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

Then there are books and movies and shows that are popular that I've yet to see like the Heather Brewer book series, Sookie Stackhouse, and True Blood. I'll get to them.

So, that's another reason to like the Twilight series, because I LOVE the subject matter. What's not to love about beautiful sexy immortals, or strong, rugged wolf boys?

That's all for Twilight this week. Come back next week when I tell you the four things I HATE about it. But for tomorrow, it's the Friday Free For All. I have no idea what to talk about, so it will be as exciting for me as it is for you. It is exciting for you, right? ;)

Catch you on the flip side.

Kisses :*

Megan

2 comments:

  1. First vampire I remember was Barnabus Collins on Dark Shadows. That was back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was. I think before my time I'm afraid. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews