Monday, January 11, 2010

Top four things I like about Twilight #4


Since Twilight is so very big, and I've never blogged about it before, I thought I'd better before it runs its course. I have a love/hate relationship with Twilight. There are things I really like about it, and things I definitely hate. So, this week is going to be about the things I like about it, next week, the things I hate. And I guess since they made a movie out of it and all, I'm going to be talking about the book and the movie.


#4 The concept

For those of you who don't know (and seriously, you should all know this by now, especially if you are a twilight fan) the idea from this book came from a dream that Stephenie Meyer had. A dream in which a vampire was in love with a human. Simple as that.

It's a great concept. Has it been done before, more than likely, though I haven't seen it. Of course there are many books about star-crossed lovers, but I can't think of any where one lover might literally devour the other. And I will admit this, Stephenie Meyer made me fall in love with the idea of the story (though maybe not the story itself). I won't get much more into it, because if I expand I won't have anything else to write about this week or next.

So that is all for today. Catch you on the flip side.

Kisses :*

Megan

2 comments:

  1. Having read book one and also the Sookie Stackhouse series, I'd have to say that maybe Stephanie Meyer had "that dream" after reading a few of those. There are many elements directly lifted from those books. And I think this has been much discussed as well.

    Unlike Charlaine Harris though, who doesn't center her books around Vampire Bill, much to the dismay of readers during the first few books, Meyers does keep focus on Edward -- obviously.

    It's hard for me to actually like any of these, or see them more as something quick to read. I am particular about what my mind ingests, thus I can't say that I've read everything from both authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read the Sookie Stackhouse serious, though the first two books sit waiting for me on my nightstand, so I have nothing to compare them to.

    Book two for many Twilight fans was a disappointment I think because of the fact that Edward was gone during most of it. I know it was hard for me to get into.

    I've read all the Twilight books, and like I said there are things I like, and things I don't, and the things I don't like about them, I really don't like.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews