Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We could all learn something from Pee Wee


This is the last time I let my kids pick my blog subjects. Pee Wee's Big Adventure? Oy vey! I do like the fact that she appreciates the movie, it was one of my favorites when I was a teen, but to blog about it? This took some serious thought.

I started thinking about the movie (it's probably been about 15 or 20 years since I've seen it) looked up quotes, and I came to realize this, we could all learn something from Pee Wee.

When something is important to him, he goes for it, he never stops. When his bike gets stolen he crosses the entire country to find it. That is dedication.

Pee Wee is also blind when it comes to our differences. He befriends everyone, (except Francis of course because he's a big fat liar)ghost truckers, waitresses, bikers (I love PW's tequila dance). It matters not that they're dead, French, or haven't showered in weeks.

And Pee Wee is so pure, he doesn't care about sex or women at all. I realize there were loads of sexual undertones, and that the man Paul Reubens was very naughty on his television show, but not Pee Wee. He's as chaste as they come. A good role model for us all. ;)

I think if we all started living a little more like Pee Wee, life wouldn't be the chore it sometimes is. We'd realize what is important and what's folly. Our friendships would be stronger, our lives would be richer.

When faced with a dilemma we could ask ourselves WWPWD?

Live like Pee Wee.

Thanks for reading.

Kisses :*

Megan

Favorite PWBA quotes:
"I don't make monkeys, I just train 'em."
"Sh! I'm listening to reason."
"You don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."
"Why don't you take a picture, it will last longer?"

(and I will say, this movie brought together the minds of paul reubens, tim burton, danny elfman, and phil hartman, and nothing could be bad about that)

1 comment:

  1. You make a great point, Rylan has watched this movie a few times and he seems to like it. When I was a kid, I wanted a house just like his from his show :)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews