Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Facebook 12 Step Program


Recently certain people in my real life decided I was a Facebook addict and did an intervention. (I'm only kind of kidding) I've decided to devise a 12 step program for myself (and anyone else in need) to help me through my addiction.


1. I admit I am powerless over Facebook—that my life has become unmanageable.

2. I believe that only I can restore my sanity with maybe the help of virtual friends, other online forums, anti-depressants, and vodka.

3. I made a decision to try to only post writing and blogs on Facebook when possible, but know that most the time I will fail and that's okay.

4. I made a searching and fearless internet inventory of myself and found that between ABNA, Facebook, Myspace, Blogspot, Email, and other online forums I spend about 25 hours a day on the web.

5. I am trying to convince myself that Facebook is evil and not a higher power.

6. I am ready to admit that I have an addictive personality and Facebook is just one of my many (many) addictions.

7. I shall remove myself from my computer at least a couple times a day and do things like shower, eat, and brush my teeth.

8. I made a list of all persons I have insulted or offended while on Facebook, and realized the list is way too long so instead of making amends I will just forgive myself for what I've done.

9. I realize that it may not be a good idea to flirt on Facebook, or any where on the internet especially when your husband has access to those sites.

10. Whenever I feel like spending time on Facebook I will do something else productive like feed my kids, or clean the pile of week old dirty dishes out of the sink, or wash some underwear.

11. I will try to improve my contact with tangible people, try to understand them, and know that they will annoy me, frustrate me, and drive me nuts, but hey, at least you can go to coffee or lunch with them.

12. Having had a cognitive awakening as the result of these steps, I will try to carry this message to other Facebook addicts, and to practice these principles in all my affairs, both real and virtual. Affairs meaning occurrences not, er, affairs.

Wish me luck.

Kisses :*

Megan

11 comments:

  1. Funny. Sounds like, "Facebook Addiction: The Life & Times of Social Networking Addicts." The book is based on members of the fictional group Social Networking Anonymous that come forward to kick their Facebook Habit.

    Amazon: http://www.TheFacebookAddiction.com/links/retail/amazon
    Blog: http://www.icecreammelts.com/blogs/facebook-addiction
    More Info: http://www.TheFacebookAddiction.com
    *Free Press copies available for Selected Bloggers/Press

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I'll have to check it out. I'm sure I can relate. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I loved this entry. I also need to increase my contact with 'tangible' people. 8 is solid.

    The 13th step should something like:

    13. When all else fails ... delete account and GO AWAY!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How odd ... I just realized that I wasn't following you when I thought I had been for some time. Haa ... it happens ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you followed too. Curious. Thanks for reading. Missed you while you were ill. You're one of the loyal ones. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BUWAHAHAHAHAHA! This was fabulous, Megan! I'm following now... looks like your humor is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was really funny, Megan. You know, in a totally unfunny way. The 25 hrs was my favorite. You are one funny girl.

    And, see, why am I here?

    ReplyDelete
  8. why wont this let me post a comment as my blogspot me instead of my Live Journal me? Why don't I ever understand these internets?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wait, i bet I hadn't signed into here... hmmm. Sorry, this isnt about me, I know...

    ReplyDelete
  10. A quiver of lust shot through her, wiggled out through her twisting shoulders. Still in a few weeks hed have to learn differently.
    gay cock sucking stories
    erotic taboo momsex stories
    femdom hoh petticoat punishment spanking stories
    gay bondage stories
    erotic incest stories
    A quiver of lust shot through her, wiggled out through her twisting shoulders. Still in a few weeks hed have to learn differently.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews