Thursday, June 10, 2010

Attention to Detail

So, I'm in this critique group, right? And I've put my dystopian out there for them to read, and some questions have come up about the details.  The minute details.  Let me be specific because I want to know if these are actually issues I need to address, or if I can be a little vague about it.  

The majority of the population has been wiped out due to a virus.  How specific do I have to be?  Can I just leave it at that, or are people going to want an exact percentage?


The main character is just a mom.  It's told in first person, so there's no way she would even know this, right?    I mean, I suppose before electricity was cut off, she could have got a number from the news, but eventually, there would be no news and people would continue to die, right?  So no way of knowing the final count?  


I've asked a few people about this now and am getting conflicting answers.  Tell me what you think about the small stuff.  Necessary to mention or okay to gloss over?
Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews