Friday, June 11, 2010

F³A: World Cup Excitement

Those of you who know me, know how much I love soccer.  I've been waiting four years for this event to come, and the first game doesn't disappoint.  South Africa vs. Mexico.  The first goal was a perfect left footer in the upper corner of the goal shot by Tshabalala of South Africa (isn't that a cool name?).

At this very moment they lead 1-0 and are second to the lowest ranked teams in these world cup games.

Only problem is it sounds like there are a  million bees at the stadium because of some problem with their sound equipment.

If you've never watched world cup soccer, you should.  It's amazing, the passing, the headers, the shots, plus soccer players are just hot. You have seen the cover of the latest Vanity Fair, right? (see pic at left) There is some drama.  I love when they milk their injuries to run time off the clock.
And as I'm sitting here blogging, Mexico has just tied the game!!  See, exciting!!

Well, I need to go, I'm missing the game.  Makes me excited for my daughter's three indoor games tonight (even though I have to coach one of them, scary)

Current song on my iPod: When You Were Young by The Killers

Current read: Alchemy by my friend Mike Wood (yes I'm still reading it, I'm slow)

Current Watch: Duh, World Cup Soccer.

Quotes of the week: 

Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. ~ Bill Shankly

I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring. ~ Nick Hornby

Every kid around the world who plays soccer wants to be Pele. I have a great responsibility to show them not just how to be like a soccer player, but how to be like a man. ~ Pele

Every time I went away I was deceiving my mum. I'd tell her I was going to school but I'd be out on the street playing football. I always had a ball on my feet. ~ Ronaldo

2 comments:

  1. *sigh* how I miss those days on the soccer pitch watching my daughter...

    I haven't started watching World Cup yet, but maybe this year I'll give it a go. After the Olympics, I'm still exhausted from the physical intensity of admiring the athletic talent and screaming for my favourites.

    PS uh, nice picture, ahem
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch the Olympics, so I'm geared up. Next game in an hour and a half. :)

    And yes, I have tons of kid games to watch this weekend two. Three tonight, one tomorrow, one Sunday. Soccer filled weekend.

    The US plays tomorrow at 2:30 Eastern I think.

    and yes, nice pic, huh. I'm so stealing that mag from my mom. There are good pics IN it as well.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews