Monday, August 30, 2010

The "D" word

Okay, I'll try to get back to the blog yet again.

So life has hit hard lately, as you probably grasped from my Facebook, blog, and whatnot.  My marriage is joining the statistical majority by being a victim of the Big D.  Divorce.  The reasons behind it are unimportant, what's important is that my husband and I are getting along famously, my children seem to be adjusting, and life just may be getting back to normal now.

This means of course that I've joined the ranks of the working class also.  I started a new job last week, with a school district after school care program as an assistant teacher.  It's perfect for me really.  I was looking for part time days, no nights, no weekends or holidays, without much responsibility (management wise that is).  And I get summers off to boot.

Now my job is getting to it's normal hours, the kids will be back in school come Thursday, I'm close to being fully settled in my new digs, so I think I can get back to exercise, writing, and life in general.

Getting back to normal is starting edits of Never Eighteen, which I just got from my editor who I adore (and it's awesome, the edits are her handwritten notes in the margin of my original manuscript), and a cocktail party for all the women in my life.  We'll see what life throws at me after that.

Thanks for reading.  Catch you on the flip side.

Ciao,

Megan

18 comments:

  1. Keep writing. Writing before sleep, food, and . . . most other things. Not gambling of course, but most other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love handwritten editing notes. What is it about them? And..it seems you are embracing life and living with grace and style. What could be better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments. Walter, it's been hard to write, but I'm getting there.

    Tess, thank you, and I know, there is just something cool about handwritten edits. I think it's the time involved, and maybe just seeing your editors handwriting that makes it just that much more real. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, handwritten edits... those are always good. And, Megan, you know how much I admire you, how tough you are going through all these changes. Glad to read you sounding so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megs,

    Things have to end before new things begin. It sucks, I know. I did not want to be a statistic either, but here I am.
    If it means anything, to you, I admire you. You have got a fantastic family, a huge cicle of friends, and what eems to be a above average attitude! ;)
    AAAAAnnd.....ACTION!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Write when you can, dream when you can't. It will come and you will be, as always, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You people are the best. Thank you for your love and support. And know that I will always return the favor if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering what was up. Glad to hear you're on the flip-side. I bet everything will seem so much easier and lighter from now on. Like work and writing.

    Luck and love, B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Barbara. I think things are and will get easier too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Megan, I'm so sorry about the marriage not working anymore--in my typical cluelessness, this is the first I'd heard. I am really glad you and your nearly-ex are being civil and 'getting along' as with kids, you will HAVE to deal with each other.

    It sounds like you've got a great support system, which is key, so I hope things fall into line for your next phase of life.

    *sending peace karma*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Megan. I didn't know that this was the life changing thing you had mentioned. I'm very sorry, of course. It's always sad. But I know you are one gutsy lady and you will soon be a famous author as well. So just keep being the fantastic woman you are.

    Betty K (aka Liz)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Betty. I have many good gutsy women role models, you included. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Megan, we thought your life changes were all the edit notes and other writerly excitement. So sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking about you. I always believe an old adage that for 3 bad, you get back 9 good. Be on the look for that. The YA coming out is certainly one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you. Of course, it hasn't all been bad, just frustrating and sad I think. But lets hope that life throws me good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Megan,

    I’m obviously a little late seeing this entry, which is strange because your blog is a favorite of mine. I kind of sensed that something life changing was happening, but was hoping for the best. There will probably be a few tough days ahead, but you’re a strong woman. I truly believe that things will work out for the best. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Charlie. You've always been a great support to all of us.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews