Monday, August 30, 2010

The "D" word

Okay, I'll try to get back to the blog yet again.

So life has hit hard lately, as you probably grasped from my Facebook, blog, and whatnot.  My marriage is joining the statistical majority by being a victim of the Big D.  Divorce.  The reasons behind it are unimportant, what's important is that my husband and I are getting along famously, my children seem to be adjusting, and life just may be getting back to normal now.

This means of course that I've joined the ranks of the working class also.  I started a new job last week, with a school district after school care program as an assistant teacher.  It's perfect for me really.  I was looking for part time days, no nights, no weekends or holidays, without much responsibility (management wise that is).  And I get summers off to boot.

Now my job is getting to it's normal hours, the kids will be back in school come Thursday, I'm close to being fully settled in my new digs, so I think I can get back to exercise, writing, and life in general.

Getting back to normal is starting edits of Never Eighteen, which I just got from my editor who I adore (and it's awesome, the edits are her handwritten notes in the margin of my original manuscript), and a cocktail party for all the women in my life.  We'll see what life throws at me after that.

Thanks for reading.  Catch you on the flip side.

Ciao,

Megan
Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews