Thursday, September 2, 2010

High School? Already?

So, Thing One left for halls of high school this morning with her cousin and friend by her side.  And while I didn't cry, I did feel like I needed to take a few Xanax, knowing how difficult the high school years can be, and how many things I forgot to tell her before she started.

We've already had the drugs/alcohol/sex talk.  But her father and I both failed to have the older-boy-with-a-car talk.  Meaning, we forgot to tell her they were off limits.  And she's a very VERY cute girl, so it's only a matter of time before some suave upperclassman sees the cutie soccer player and wants a date.  Not going to happen.

High school also makes me face my mortality a little more, well, mostly my age.  I'm getting older, no matter how hard I try to fight it.  How much longer can I get away with mini skirts and high tops before I stop looking like "Cool Mom" and start looking like someone desperately trying to cling to their youth?

And then I have to face the fact that I won't be seeing her much anymore.  With sports and social activities, high school is the time where the kids become more independent and hate being home. sigh.

I will say that she's a good responsible girl who I completely trust. She knows the order of priorities, school, soccer, social life.  She's never been in trouble and she talks to me about pretty much everything, so I think if issues arise, we'll be facing them together.

Ciao,

Megan
Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews