Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Gearing up for Nano and other Chaotic moments

My daughter's high school soccer season ends Thursday, so next week we'll be down to only six days a week.  There is a reprieve on Fridays.  Of course, she's at her dads this week, and this means I'm affected a little less by this since I'm not the one responsible for driving them everywhere.  Back and forth Back and forth.

Still working on revisions.  There is one section I'm still trying to get as close to perfect as I can.  My editor seems very happy with what I've done thus far with the changes, and I'm hoping when I'm done with this section, I'm done with revisions.  But we know how that goes right?

As you know from yesterday's blog, I slept like crap the night before.  Well, I'm happy to report that I slept through the night.  No tossing, no turning, no back aching.  Slept like a baby.  

Yesterday I also suffered from what I'm pretty sure is food poisoning.  I will never eat buffalo meat again.  Not even to save my life.  Happy to say I feel fine today.

And now, time to gear up for NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month.  Not sure how I'll do this year, the previous two years that I won I wasn't working.  We'll see.  The novel I'll be working on is one I've actually already started, only 1800 words in though which in Nano is just over a day's writing.  It's called Withered.  Here's the cover I slapped together for the contest (and the winner from my facebook page).

So, you may not see me much the month of November.  I'll try and blog when I can, but you know how good I've been at that lately without the task of writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.

Oh, except me and some fellow bloggers are holding some kind of crazy contest starting the beginning of November.  If you know me, you know I've never done a contest.  There might be a cute pair of knee socks for the winner.  More info on that later.

That is all.  Have a great day.


Ciao,


Megan

5 comments:

  1. I'm gonna nano it up too. At least I think I am. Where's our support page?

    Where's the vino?

    where's the sanity when you need it?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll send you an invite to the task mistress page. Did you know Nano has a monkey this year?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing my first NaNo this year. I've never been successful in faking myself into deadline (too many of the real, consequence-inducing kind already) but I'm hoping to bang off a middle grade book that's mulling around in my brain. Not at all what I normally write...

    Love the cover shot, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Dawn. We have a Nano support group on Facebook if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan-really glad your edits are going well, and I am totally intrigues about your WriMo, based on the cover... guessing it is eating disorder related, but I suspect it is more than 'just that' (not that that is a 'just matter' by any means--my best friend was bulemic and I KNOW the consequences). I think in your capable hands it should be a great story.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews