Monday, November 8, 2010

NoNoWriMo

I have 2327 words.  Yep, that's it.  I should have well over 13,000.  I am so far behind in NaNoWriMo I don't know if I can catch up.  This week has been one of the craziest in my life.  In some ways, I make my own craziness, but some things were beyond my control.

I'm going to try like hell to have a quiet week this week.  A week of working really hard to stay away from Facebook (yikes).  A week of maybe letting the house go in favor of writing.  A week of not answering calls.

Obviously, there are things that can't be pushed aside.  If my kids need me, I'm there.  I have to go to work.  I need to eat I suppose though I could stand to lose a few pounds.  And email.  If I let my email go unchecked for even a day I'd come back to over 100 messages.  No I am not exaggerating.



Okay, well enough about that.  I am excited about one thing going on this week.  The official launch of The Class of 2k11.  You may have seen me post about it before, you may have seen our group on Facebook.  Our website launches 11-11-10.  If you haven't heard of the 2k classes, they've been around since 2007.  A bunch of debut YA and MG writers using synergy to promote our books, ideas, and reading.  We've been working together for months to come up with ideas to get readers, bloggers, and gatekeepers involved in our campaign.

I will give you more information on launch day.  It's going to be a fun year.

Okay, back to the writing.  Have a great day.

Ciao,

Megan

5 comments:

  1. Don't get too down on yourself, hon. I'm WAY behind on NaNo too. I'm hopeful I can catch up, but if I can't? There's always next year! I'm more hopeful you'll have a less hectic week. We all need down time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a week behind. I have a great idea too (you know all about it, :) and it ticks me off I'm having to wait to get going. But hopefully it's meshing in my head and when I finally get to type it out, it'll be worth reading. lol. It'll all get together soon. Great things happening in your life. Hang in there, girl. :) You've got LOTS to look forward to coming up in 2011!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. you'll catch up. i'm fairly convinced you can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont feel so bad.. I am just starting with my whopping 1000 words as of last night! lol
    at least whatever you get, is more than you started with! :)
    good luck hun..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan-you can catch up! You definitely need some blocks of time, but if you can, I have faith! And best of luck on the Class of 2K11 launch!

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews