Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tooting the Horn Tuesday: Auction for Japan

If you don't already know this, there are a group of YA writers who have been pulled together by Write Hope.  Write Hope was begun by kidlit writer who were devastated by the disaster in Japan.  There goal is to raise money for the Save the Children emergency relief fund by holding an auction, which is happening right now..

Many of us have donated signed books, swag, critiques, Skype chats, and more for their auction.  There is some great stuff there.  Please, check it out by clicking here.

I donated a query critique, I know Gae Polisner, Julia Karr, and Carrie Harris have donated, and I'm sure many of your favorite authors have.

Next, I want to wish good luck to those who have entered ABNA, as the next round of cuts take place today.  But for those who don't make the cuts, don't give up.  Be vigilant in your pursuit.  If throw in the towel, you'll never get there.


Then there's me.  After two not so raving reviews of Never Eighteen on Good reads (they weren't horrible, I guess), I was happy to see a four star.  It said, "...Such a wonderful, sad story that was full of hope... Megan Bostic nailed all the emotions...I feel wrung out, but in a good way"

I want to thank Pam for that because she lifted my spirits. :)
 
That's it for today.  Be sure to check out the auction.  There are new items posted a few times throughout the day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan, fellow ABNAer! Best of luck on Never Eighteen! Following your blog now.. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Catherine. Are you one of the nail biters today? :)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews