Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thought Provoking Thursday: Marketing

I received the marketing letter from my publisher yesterday.  Talk about information overload.  That's good though.  It's very thorough.  Clearly states what I should be doing.  What they will be doing for me.  Even with the online stuff I'm already doing, there's more.  I believe I will have no life for the rest of the year, probably longer.

Although I'm on Facebook, Twitter, I blog, I have a website, it's not enough.  There are certain things I must do on those sites to maximize my online presence.  Update often, host stuff (I don't know what yet)

Is that so bad?
There's swag, and since I have a little experience with graphic design, I'm going to design my own, bookmarks, buttons, postcards, and stickers. (and whatever else there is to create).

There are many events to attend.  Book signings, festivals, conferences.  I can also try and do school visits.

And of course I'm a member of the Class of 2k12, so I'm pretty much double marketing.

I need to find some balance, to do all this, keep up with my writing, give my kids some attention, and go to my day job.

It seems exhausting and impossible, but others have done it, so I think I can too.

Back to it.  Laters.

~Megan

8 comments:

  1. I would use gotprint.net for printing it's really cheap. Also if you need ideas for design let me know. My stuff is simple but I might be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I think someone else gave me gotprints name.

    I may send my stuff to you and let you give me some feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really nice to have some guidance, though! I think so many people try to dive out there and don't know what to do and then flouder. You will do great, though. Good luck with the balance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hart. I think I might know what I'm doing a little. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let us know whatever we can do to help!
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got to be excited though, right?

    It's all just starting really. I hope Never Eighteen gets all the attention it deserves (especially if it means they'll be packing you off to England for a few signings :D)

    I can't wait to read it come pub day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Kate, and yes, I'm SO excited I can hardly stand it. :D

    And I would certainly LOVE to come to England for a few signings.

    I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews