Friday, June 10, 2011

F³A: SWAG

I just heard what this stands for.  Stuff We All Get.  I don't know if that's for realsies, but it makes sense.  I've been ordering SWAG for the release of my upcoming novel Never Eighteen (which can be preordered by clicking on the title, by the way :).  So far I've ordered buttons (which I received in the mail yesterday, squee), and silicone bracelets and am looking into other stuff, trying to come up with some original ideas.  I pose a question to you.  What kind of SWAG do you want to get from authors?  Aside from the regular bookmarks, stickers, and such.

Also, I've got a crazy idea for book promotion once it releases.  I'm going to have to jump through some hoops to actually do it, but I'm going to try my hardest.  I may need the help of my friends. Not revealing what it is yet, I'll let you know when I figure some things out.

Happy Friday everyone, here are the nibbles.

Random Pandora song (I have no idea where my iPod is at the moment): Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz, but piano version. Not sure about the video, but I like the song. (on the One Republic station)

Movie of the week: True Grit.  I fell asleep, because I was so tired, not because the movie was boring, but I fully intend on watching it this weekend.

Book of the week: I'm between books.  A couple weeks ago I did start The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, so I think I'll stick with that one.

Quote of the week: We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly” ~ Sam Keen

6 comments:

  1. Definitely finish True Grit! It was a good movie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Caroline. No way. Not until it's set in stone.

    @Mickey, definitely plan to. It was good up until I fell asleep. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bell Jar is my number one favourite book, it's so beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bell Jar - fantastic book. Sylvia had to courage to write about anything. Great choice!

    Great Swag question - I love the silicone bracelet idea! How about giving away little external hard drives with the first few chapters of your book loaded on them? (Hm, might have to use that one)

    Best of luck with sales :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine is preordered, can't wait to get it, and would love to help with any swag (or other) idea!

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews