Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday T is for Too Little Sleep

I go in these spurts of not being able to get out of bed, to having to survive off 3-4 hours of sleep a night.  Why does my body do this to me?  I haven't treated it that badly throughout the years.  I eat right (mostly) I exercise (sometimes) I don't smoke or do drugs or drink alcohol (okay maybe that last one).  What did I do to deserve this?

Last night, I have no idea why I couldn't sleep.  Night before, my WIP (work in progress for you lay people) was churning through my mind.  Night before that, a book I'd read stuck with me.  It's always something.

Here is what I'm going to do to help myself sleep.
  1. Count monkeys.  They're so much more interesting than sheep.
  2. Run myself ragged.  Nevermind.  I already do that and it doesn't seem to work.
  3. Cut out the caffeine.  Who am I kidding?  Someone would die if I cut out the caffeine.
  4. Drink tea. Blech. No.
  5. Avoid alcohol before bed. Um . . .
  6. Get rid of the stress in my life. Er . . .
  7. Try not to think so much. Right.
Counting monkeys it is.

1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . .

8 comments:

  1. But when you're counting do you not get distracted by the cuteness of the monkeys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, they are very cute. Plus, they're a little noisy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Literally every person I know has lately struggled with insomnia. It's terrible! We're all walking around like zombies. Hey, maybe we should try counting zombies ;)
    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's the beginning of the zombie apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY monkeys! I have to avoid caffeine after noon (other than the one diet coke mixed with rum when I get home *shifty*. I have to physically relax though--it is why I nearly always have a bath before bed. It seems to work unless I overdo the caffeine or have BIG stress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I'd be exhausted because I worked so much in the yard yesterday, I took a hot shower, had a glass of wine, yet I tossed and turned all night.

    Maybe tonight will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just noticed one of my monkeys are missing. I had three. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took one. Because they're so freaking cute.

    Sleep well, my little monkey.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews