Friday, December 16, 2011

F³A: Facebook Timeline

I don't get it.  I mean, didn't we have changes just like yesterday?  And now Mark Zuckerburg is changing it up again? *shakes fists at MZ*  

When I started Facebook I liked it because it was simple.  So splash.  No bells and whistles.  No tiny little boxes everywhere to mess you up.  I knew where things were.  It's kind of like someone going into your office and rearranging everything.  I'm like, WTF?  Where are my friends? Where are my statuses? Where is my sanity?  Oh, there it is, in a little box in the bottom left hand corner.

It's my own fault.  I decided to try it out.  I can play with it for seven days of publish it right away.  If I don't publish it myself they do it for me.

but Idon'twanna.  I want to go back to the way it was where everything was listed  neatly and simply on the left.  Where my friends were stacked like the Brady Bunch on the left.  Where that stupid scrolling whatsit that I finally got used to was on the upper right, and my chat the lower right, and all my shit was right in the middle.  Now everything is scattered everywhere and I can't find a damn thing.

So, does anyone know how I can go back?  CAN I even go back or should I just keep it because eventually we're going to be FORCED to have it?

If you already use Timeline, do you like it or despise it so much you want to fling your computer into the fireplace with your Duraflame log and extra Christmas wrap?  Tell me your thoughts on Mark Zuckerburg and his new Timeline.

Okay, time for the Friday Scribbles:

Christmas song of the Week: Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth.  I remember watching this on MTV when they still played music and falling in love with it.

Book of the Week:  I'm reading my friend Ian Healy's Just Cause.  You like superheroes?  Check this book out.

Netflix of the Week: Gray's Anatomy.  I like it.  I'm on season two.  The vet just came in.  He's hot.  I think it's Chris O'Donnell, but I haven't seen him since like 1989 so I'm not sure.

Quote of the Week:  "What can we take on trust in this uncertain life? Happiness, greatness,
pride - nothing is secure, nothing keeps (like our Facebook pages-I added that part). ~Euripides, Hecuba 

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. It's possibly unnatural how hot I find early Bowie. I like how their voices work together, too. Nice.

    And you are coming up to the best of Gray's. I've watched all of them and think the 3rd season is the very best.

    HAVEN'T tried the FB Timeline. I hate foisted changes so I drag my feet until forced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, goodie, I'm almost to season three. Now I want to watch it NOW!

    And yeah, I don't know why I decided to give it a try. I thought I could go back. I can't find a way to do that. Stupid MZ and his stupid Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clicks *like* on what you're currently reading. :-D

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews