Friday, April 27, 2012

F³A: Inked

So, I've always wanted a tattoo.  I just turned 43 and finally got one. I'd call this some kind of mid-life crisis thing, but I went through that about five years ago. And like I said, I always wanted one. Those of you who know me, or have been reading me can probably guess what I got. It could only be one of a couple things right? Soccer ball? Monkey? Or...


I decided a while back to get a sun on my forearm so I could always see the sun even on the grayest of days here in the northwest. I was going to go with one of those more mystical suns with the face, but the bf said they reminded him of the sun on the Teletubbies and ruined them for me. So I went tribal, which is more "me" anyway I suppose. I'm more primal than cabalistic.

Did it hurt? Yeah, like an MF, but only at first. I didn't scream like a little bitch like the bf wanted (only because I made fun of him when he was getting his tat), there were no tears shed. Maybe a couple of pained grimaces. After awhile though, when you know what pain to expect you kind become numb to it. At least I did. And of course, the less meaty part of the forearm hurt like a bitch compared to the rest.

So there it is, my first tattoo. I will undoubtedly get more. I mean, I'm not going to be getting a sleeve or anything, but I have ideas for at least two more, and yes, a monkey is going to be involved. 

Happy Friday, here are the Scribbles:

Random Pandora Song: You Only Live Once, The Strokes

 

Book of the Week: Still reading Velveteen by Danny Marks and loving it. Favorite line so far, and Danny has it on his bookmarks, "She walks a tightrope between psycho and smokin'" How brilliant is that?

Netflix/Redbox of the Week: Hard to decide. I fell asleep during a couple movies this week. I'm going with The Mechanic. Jason Statham, Ben Foster, I mean, Statham shirtless, violence, explosions, what more can you ask for from an action movie?

Quote of the Week: "Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past."  ~Jack London





3 comments:

  1. It's very nice, I like it! Red/orange tends to fade quite easily and often needs touching up after a few years. You might want to remember to keep it covered in sunscreen after it heals to avoid fading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I think there might be something to that 'mid-life crisis' thing...I know a lot of people who are getting their first tattoo around that age. I don't think I'll ever want one (and I don't have an interesting past at all) but maybe that will change in a few years. By then tattoos might be part of government-mandated tracking anyway hahaha

    I watch too many sci-fi movies :D

    Have a great weekend, and congrats on your new ink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice Erin I appreciate it!

    Chris, scary thought about government tracking, but you may not be far off...

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews