Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm not venting

Stole this photo from Danny
I know, yesterday I promised a rant, but I forgot that I was going to Jennifer Shaw Wolf's book release party. That's right. Her YA novel, Breaking Beautiful was released yesterday and her party was held at Fireside Books in Olympia Washington. My fellow Harbingers of Doom were mostly in attendance, J Anderson Coats, Danny Marks, Marissa Meyer, we were only missing Marissa Burt. Also, in attendance was 2k11er, Kiki Hamilton. We try and support each others endeavors whenever possible.
I stole this photo from Jen

Jennifer's party was wonderful. There was food, a beautiful cake with her book cover on it. She also had a speak come from SafePlace Olympia to speak. SafePlace is a confidential shelter for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. Jennifer had people bring donations for the shelter and also had a raffle to support the wonderful cause. Jennifer chose SafePlace because her novel deals with domestic abuse.

Jen signing books, I stole this pic from her too.
Jen looked gorgeous and happy and her husband was running around taking pictures and beaming with absolute pride. Aside from the Harbingers and Kiki, the room was filled with family and friends, other writers and readers. Jen said it was the best day ever. You should go out and buy her book. Now. Go. SHOO!!  Buy Kiki's, Marissa's (both), J's, and mine while you're at it. You'll have to wait for Danny's, doesn't come out until October, but I'll tell you what, I'm reading it right now (I have an ARC) and it is delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews