Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Monkey Madness: Teenagers are inappropriate...

...at least mine are, and I'd like to know, are all teenagers inappropriate? Some of it is my fault I know this. I have the mouth of a trucker I do. And I honestly don't care if they swear. I know they're going to do it at school anyway. I don't care if they do it at the house, but they know it's not acceptable out in public, and they abide.

But, um, their sense of humor is a bit...unseemly. Not just theirs, but Thing One's friends as well.  I'd go into detail, but I don't want to offend any readers, and I haven't put an R rating on my blog, but if you think about the kind of humor that's in a movie like, say, Superbad, you'll get what I'm talking about.

The thing is though, it's funny. And sometimes I laugh, but when they're really out there (gross, or whatnot) I pretend that they disgust me and shake my head and tell them it's inappropriate.

Then I leave the room and laugh.

I'm writing a book: Shit My Kids Do and Say. It will be complete with pictures and all. I will probably be writing it under a pseudonym because while it is funny, it's embarrassing as all hell.

So, please tell me, do the teenagers you know have a warped completely sick sense of humor?

4 comments:

  1. My goddaughter does. Thank God. some of me had to rub off. I do notice other teenagers who appear to be just deer in the headlights when it comes to humor and it makes me sad for humanity. Where are all the sickos, is the real question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I would rather my kids be wise to the world and have their sick sense of humor, then live a sheltered life. No matter how much you try to shelter them, one day they're going to be exposed to the nasties of life, usually when they start middle school. May as well prepare them for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in the world of teenagers. The majority of them are inappropriate. Some more than others. Swearing and those sorts of jokes are standard in most circles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humor can be a difficult thing, but it's all around us. I do a lot of listening.

    Ever wonder why scuba divers fall backwards from the boat into the water? Duh, if they fell forward, they'd still be in the boat.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews