Monday, July 30, 2012

Birthday contest and getting better with age

My class reunion
Okay, first off, I want to mention my Never Eighteen half birthday contest. I haven't received very many entries and it ends tomorrow!! That's right I said tomorrow!!! All I want you to do, is tell me six things on your bucket list.  Winner will be chosen randomly because all the answers have been so good so far I can't pick myself. But don't do it here on this post, do it here.

Okay, enough of that. I went to my 25th high school reunion on Saturday. I know, I know, you're thinking, 25 years! Megan can't possibly be that old. But alas, I am. I was thinking to myself as I schmoozed and mingled with my fellow alumni, wow, everyone looks great!!

Now, I will admit, five years ago at the last one (yes we do one every five year at the tens we do the fancy schmancy one, at the fives we keep it more casual in a bar) I thought the guys looked a little rough around the edges (if any of them read this I hope they aren't offended, I didn't look that great either), but the women looked fantastic.  But this year, the guys looked awesome and the women did too.
Me 1986

I think we've all aged well. In high school, I think I was cute enough, but I had a fat face (I think a lot of us had fuller faces back then) and of course was a bit self conscious about my body. My face has thinned and yeah, I dye my hair, the purple isn't natural ;) I've got some wrinkles, I'm softer in places than I'd like to be, but I really do think I've aged well.

Me and my friend Heidi 2 days ago.
Maybe it's just wishful thinking I don't know. Of course, Maybe I'm just appreciating the cycle of life more now that I'm getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews