Saturday, July 14, 2012

Thinks that make you go hmmm...

Life has been nothing short of chaotic lately. I don't have a magic wand to make time slow down or annoying people to go away or life to be perfect, so I have to deal. I'm just not good at dealing. I'm learning, I really am. When something pisses me off, I take a deep breath and try to let serenity wash over me and let the moment pass. I try not to use the word "hate" although it's much too easy to say.



Some days I feel like the Tasmanian Devil, spinning out of control, leaving nothing but piles of rubble in my wake.

Some days there is so much going on in my head I can't process it all.

Some days I don't want to get out of bed.

Why, why why, you ask.

Hmmm....

People annoy me. Let me be more specific. Ignorance, stupidity, and meanness annoy and anger me.

Politics/religion. Yes, taboo subjects, but I'm going there. I'm tired of people downing a president who is doing the best he can with the eight year mess he was left with. I think it's wrong for the government to tell two people in love that they can't get married. I'm tired of people thinking the environment is fine, there is no such thing as climate change. I think when your clergy is abusing children, maybe it's time to rethink your policies and let them be married, or gay, or women. *cough* I'm done with that. I'm not trying to start any political or religious debates. If you'd like to say something in response to this, please feel free, but keep it civil and I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but these are my opinions and I stand by them.

Day job. I love my day job. I'm good at what I do. But this week it made a very bad start to my weekend. I get tired of people not speaking up when they want to and then not keeping their mouths closed when they should. If you don't like my work, fire me, but I've done a damn good job.

Teenage girls. I'm pretty sure that's all I have to say there.


Writing. I'm not going to be specific here, but I think reviewers should be kind to writers and writers should be kind to reviewers. There is no reason to take personal jabs at either. I've seen a lot of ugliness on the net lately with regards to this, and it is nothing short of bullying on both sides. It needs to stop.

And I'm scared. I don't have an agent. I don't have a second book deal. My foreign rights for Never Eighteen are dangling in the stratosphere without a home. I've started querying, but it's frightening. It's something I never wanted to have to do again, yet here I am.

I have a book finished. This is good. I'm rewriting another. This is hard. I have so many projects I want to write, so many ideas. This is frustrating.  I don't have the time to write all the ideas swimming around in my head.

Sometimes I wish my brain would just quiet down and leave me be. But it doesn't.





Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews