Friday, August 3, 2012

The Query Process

It's been a long time since I've had to do this. I really didn't think I'd have to do it ever again. Yeah, right. A few weeks ago (3, maybe 4) I queried two agents I had met at the SCBWI Western Washington conference in April. (if write for children and you don't belong to SCBWI, you should join).

I've not heard from one. Which is understandable. She works for one of the biggees, and as we know agents are very busy.

The other, after I wrote him telling him what I had and what I wanted to work on, thought maybe we weren't a good fit after all, so he referred me to a colleague.

I wrote her about a week ago and she requested 20 pages. Well yesterday she wrote back and asked for the full manuscript. Some people think telling others something like this is bad juju, but I like to keep it out there because I know I'm not alone. I know there are others out there in the same boat and we need people to commiserate with.

So wish me luck, keep your fingers crossed, rub a clover, stick a rabbit foot in your pocket or whatever for me.
Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews