Monday, February 4, 2013

Monkey Madness Monday: Writing in Scenes

 Do you ever write in scenes? I've only done it once before, of course, I never finished that book.

I find that with this fantasy book I'm writing, I'm going to have to. Because it spans centuries, I'm having a difficult time transitioning from one section to another.

I'd love to know your thoughts on this and how it has worked for you.

Happy Monday ya'll.

RAVENS!!! Yeah baby!

Photo credit: deVos / Foter.com / CC BY-NC-SA

4 comments:

  1. Sadly, no comments to make as I don't have any experience in it, but I see that your début novel will be out soon, good luck to you Megan. In your busy schedule,if you find some time to read my short story An accident, that would be indeed great. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debut came out last winter. it's been an experience. I'll pop by your blog later. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan,

    I am dealing with this right now. I have a scene (almost an entire chapter) written that won't take place in my WIP about the 15th chapter and I am in chapter 6. I also have the very last scene writen. Sometimes they come so fast and vivid that it is better to write it down now. Some scenes I have in my head and am getting impatient to get there, but haven't put in writing yet. Some I have at least written a synopsis and maybe lines of dialogue.The magic of computers is you can always edit/move it later when you fill in the rest. Diana Gabaldon talks about this style of writing somewhere I think on her website. Anyway, good luck, I think it can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I'll have to check out Diana's website and see what I can find. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews