Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Giving Thanks: Day 11

I just realized I'm not really giving 30 days of thanks because I'm not blogging on weekends. Oh well. I do digress...

Anyway, today I'm thankful for all those who have put their life on the lines for our freedom, those who have served and continue to serve in our armed forces.

Now, I'm in no way a staunch supporter of wars. I'm totally into peace, but I know there is a time and place to fight for our rights and the rights of those who cannot stand up for themselves, and I know that freedom comes at a cost and I appreciate those who are brave enough to stand up for those freedoms.

I would never have the balls to go into the military. I don't think I'd survive basic training let alone actually have what it takes to go to the front lines of a war torn country. I know people who have been and come back, those who have lost friends and family and even if they don't lose a life, some sacrifice has always been made, whether it be to mind, body, or spirit.

So, men and women of our armed forces, thank you. I'm grateful that you have the courage to stand up and fight for my freedoms.

To those who have served, happy Veterans Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews