Friday, November 8, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: Day 8

Today I'm finding it hard to be thankful. I know. Seriously, I'm a glass half empty kind of gal. I can't help it. Just when I thought my book problems were solved for my release party, um, they suddenly weren't. No idea what's happening now. If I'll have books or even a party. I'm a lot panicked and stressed and a little devastated.

So, thankful...hmmmm...

Going to have to put this on hold for a bit...

(5 hours later)
 
...okay, I had another book crisis. I thought I had books coming for my release party. Then I didn't. then I did. Then I didn't again. Now apparently I do again. Sheesh. Can you say ulcer?

So, I'm thankful for the people who really try to make things work for others. Like Jennifer at Lightning Source who I called in a panic on Monday because I was pretty sure there was something messed up on my order, which turned out to be right, and I wasn't getting my books on time. Then who fixed it so that I could upgrade to expedited shipping to get my books by Monday.

Then again with Sandra who I had to call today when I found out my books went out UPS ground and they weren't going to get here until Thursday, when my party is on Tuesday. She went back to talk to the people I'd already talked to to find out what happened.

And then for Ryan, who helped fix everything, and since my books had already gone out, put another rush, expedited order in at no charge so I would at least get two cases of books by Monday.

Yeah, I'm thankful for those kind of people. The people in customer service who have to deal with people like me who panic and cry. And those ones who have to deal with people that yell and scream and cuss at them. I used to have to do that when I worked at the licensing department. I didn't like that job. Nope, not one bit.

I feel for those people, anyone who works with the general public, they don't have it easy. It's why I always tip well, because I know for every 20% I give, there's going to be some asshole that tips 10%.

There it is, and here are the Friday Scribbles...

Pandora Queue Song: Pitter Pat by Erin McCarley

 















Book and Netflix of the Week: I'm going to let you tell me. I've been so busy I've neither read no watched ANYTHING for a couple weeks now aside from football and Walking Dead. What are you watching/reading?

Quote of the Week:

 

Have a great Friday and a better weekend. Even if it's hard, find something to be thankful for every single day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews