Apparently he did not like this. Oh no. He continues to follow behind me. As soon as the HOV lane opens up to my left, that's High Occupancy Vehicle for those who are acronymically challenged, he speeds over, though I notice he does not have a passenger, tsk, tsk, and as soon as he passes me, gets back in front of me and slams on his brakes.
Wow, mature much.
I flip him off.
Wow, mature much.
He then moves into the right lane allowing me to pass then gets behind me. Then when I get into the right lane, because eventually I have to exit, he gets behind me. So now the King of Douchebagastan is following me.
You see, I'm not an idiot 1 of 5 things could happen here.
- He could actually continue to follow me, so of course I'm not going home, I'm going to the police station which is approximately .5 miles from my house.
- He could rear end me, which would be really stupid as I'm the daughter of one of the best personal injury attorneys in the state and I also work for him. He would unwittingly be totally screwed.
- He could shoot me dead. Then I would be totally screwed, but he probably would too because the intersection I'm stopping at is a busy one and he'd get caught.
- He could do serious harm to me, but let me live. See # 3.
- He could take his empty threats and kiss my ass because he's nothing more than a bully being a douchebag.
I am sorry that guy was having such a bad day that he felt the need to tailgate me in the first place, then be a complete ass when I had to put my brakes on. I mean, his day must have been from hell. Either that, or he's just a douche. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope it's the former.
I recently read a quote I like.
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be nice.
I'm going to try to remember than when I meet up with people like my road rage guy.