Thursday, August 20, 2009

Quotes from favorite books

Just thought about this because I had posted a quote from Fahrenheit 451 on my Facebook page.

"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"

Here are some other quotes from my favorite books.

"They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

"We yearned for the future. How did we learn it, that talent for insatiability?” ~ Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

"'Maybe there is a beast....maybe it's only us.'" ~ William Golding, Lord of the Flies

"What really knocks me out is a book, when you're all done reading it, you wished the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it." ~ JD Salinger, Catcher in the Rye

"My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things--trout as well as eternal salvation--come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy. " ~ Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews