Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy birthday to me!

So, today is my birthday. I’m old(er) I decided to look up and see what is said about my sign, Aries, here is what I found, the shortened, pertinent points.

All will hear my views and voice
Trial and error is my school of choice
Like a dragon, dashing and daring I appears
Fighting for those that I hold dear
I am ARIES, child of Mars 
(I have no idea where that came from)


  • Born leader
  • Impatient (least patient sign of the zodiac)
  • Strong desire to succeed
  • Motivated
  • Must learn steadiness, organization and most of all, diplomacy
  • When confronted, grace and charm does not really belong to you
  • Hurts sensitive souls
  • Has an explosive temper
  • Fears rejection
  • Suffers inferiority complex
  • Immense creativity and energy
  • Competitive spirit
  • Prefers to be where the action is
  • Bores easily
  • Optimistic
  • Independent
  • Impulsive
  • Courageous
  • Combative
  • Adventurous
  • Leaps before looking
  • Takes risks that shock more cautious types
  • Emotionally courageous to the point of recklessness
  • Will change their entire lives on a whim in order to follow some dream or romantic inclination
  • Accident-prone, not because they are clumsy but because they move quickly and impulsively
  • Drives fast
  • Craves adrenaline
  • Willing to go to new places, try new things and start new projects
  • Often have trouble with authority and do better as their own bosses
  • Good at self-promotion
  • Not suited for detail work and prefer to implement big plans and have others fill in the details
  • Good at coming up with creative ideas on the spot but may have trouble sustaining the effort to follow through with their plans
  • Enjoys watching sports
  • Likes to be around others most of the time and tend to seek out novel and exciting situations
  • Prefers people who challenge them intellectually and compete with them in some way
  • Thinks fast, moves fast and talks fast and too much
  • Forceful and even aggressive when pursuing what they want
  • Willing to charge head first into conflict
  • Prefers to deal with problems immediately, head on, and will rarely avoid confrontation
  • Has little respect for those who can’t put up a good fight
  • Honest and forthright, almost to a fault at times
  • Not subtle, and they have terrible tempers that are easily set off, though they are also quick to forgive
  • Often says and does things rashly that cause strife in their interpersonal relationships
  • Aries paradox is a strange combination of selfishness and generosity
  • Usually quick to help those in need, even at great personal cost and risk
  • Fun, lively, playful, and youthful
  • Looks younger than their chronological ages
  • Retains some childlike qualities throughout adulthood, both physically and psychologically
  • Surprisingly sensitive and eager to please
  • Pushy and domineering or controlling
  • Idealistic, trusting, and in great need of reassurance
  • Anything they choose to do, they do fully and completely
  • Stubborn and generally refuse to accept defeat
  • Rarely stays down for long
  • Have a way of coming out on top in most situations 
 I suppose I would agree with most of that. Except maybe the optimism thing. I don't see myself as a very optimistic person, though I am trying to be better.

Okay, here's some people I share my birthday with. I am not exactly the same age as any of them, but I'm closest to Joss Stone. *cough* What?




Joss Stone
11-Apr-1987 (24)
British pop star recorded "Mind, Body & Soul" (2004)
Vincent Gallo
11-Apr-1961 (50)
Actor and director of "Buffalo '66'" also starred in "Tetro"
Meshach Taylor
11-Apr-1947 (64)
His character went from "Designing Women" driver to partner
Louise Lasser
11-Apr-1939 (72)
Star of satirical soap opera "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman"
Joel Grey
11-Apr-1932 (79)
Master of Ceremonies in "Cabaret" on stage and screen
Ethel Kennedy
11-Apr-1928 (83)
Widow of Robert F. Kennedy saw much tragedy in her life
Howard W Koch
11-Apr-1916 (95)
He produced the Academy Awards show on 8 times, and served as President of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts
Oleg Cassini
11-Apr-1913 (98)
High-fashion designer, couturier to Jacqueline Kennedy

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! This post was a fun way to mark the day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even i dnt see much of optimism in myself ... i thnk they add optimist part as they know thr nthng more dangerous than a very short tempered Aries chasing thm for saying bad thngs abt thm :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Hope you're having an enjoyable day.

    That's got to be the most detailed list of traits I've ever seen...though to be fair, I don't read a lot of horoscopes/zodiac signs. The famous birthdays are fun; I have the exact same birthday (day and year) as the actress from 'Lolita'. Woo-hoo, right? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read horoscopes usually either, but I do find it interesting and it is pretty accurate.

    and ooh, the actress from Lolita (I have no idea who that is, lol)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews