Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Monkey Madness: Rebranding Contest

Yes, I'm going to rebrand myself. I think it's time the Angsty Writer be retired. Yes, of course I'm still angsty, and I embrace that side of me, but that doesn't really define who I am anymore.  I mean, yeah, I write stuff from my heart and soul, and let my emotions guide me, and that, thus far, has become young adult contemporary fiction. But it's not all I write, nor all I want to write. I am more than that. I've written/am going to write:

Fantasy
Dystopian
Chick lit.
Adult contemporary

I don't want to get pigeonholed into being the writer of YA weepies because although, yeah, I'll probably continue to do that, I also want to write things that are funny, and fantastical, and asskicking.

So, this is what I think. I want you to help brand me. Those of you who've been following me for awhile probably know me pretty good by now. Those of you new here, maybe take a look at some old blogs? I need a new name for my blog. A new tagline if you will.  I'm also going to be redoing my website. Everything is getting a facelift.

 If I pick your brand, I'll send you a signed copy of Never Eighteen and a bunch of SWAG.  I'll put your name on my new website if you want.

So, you can answer here, send me a message through my website, facebook, or twitter. You know where to find me. I think I'll just run the contest until I find something I like.

Ready? Go.

11 comments:

  1. So I'm not totally creative but how about "Megan's Musings" .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gettin shaggy with Megan "boom" Bostic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, NOW I know what you're talking about. Seriously, give Whitlatch the swag bag. Megan Boom Bostic made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we give more than one? This is hard, but you remind me of myself, so I thought about brands I would give myself.

    What about:

    -The Feisty Dramatist
    -The Crazy, and Slightly Dysfunctional Chronicles (long, but it makes me laugh!)
    -Reputable Tragedy
    -She Reaps
    -Diary of a Mad Meg
    -Legend of the Literary Slayer

    I admit, the last one was bizarre, but I hope I've helped! I love your writing, so I'm so happy to hear that you're branching off! Can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @gae -- YES!!!! LOl

    I have another one. How about "Flo Writer - wild ones"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Megan! And @mwhitlatch, you've got quite the sense of humor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Nadege, don't encourage him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nielxchunji (carol)June 25, 2012 at 9:10 AM

    Identity Crisis in the Making...Reinventing the Writer

    ReplyDelete
  9. - Into my fantasy world
    - Thoughts of a out of sorts writer
    - Diary of a drama queen XD

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews