Monday, February 18, 2013

Help me choose my book cover

I posted this on my author page on Facebook, but I know some of you aren't on there, so I wanted to post it here too and get your input. Here are the top three covers from facebook, will you please vote on your favorite for my new book Dissected. To help you out, here is a short summary:

Sydney Warner, a teenage girl, whom after being abandoned by her mother at a young age, becomes a thrill seeker with a penchant for extreme sports and a fascination with death. She’s brash, she’s spunky, and she doesn’t take crap from anyone. 
 
Withdrawn and broody David, from English class, is the boy of Syd's dreams, but love soon becomes just another extreme sport when Syd finds out that David has cheated on her with her best friend. Betrayal, loneliness, and a mishap with a picture frame set Syd on a course of self-destruction that includes alcohol, drugs, and self-mutilation in the form of cutting.

 After nearly bleeding to death during an arm carving mishap, Syd is tossed unwillingly
into a teen psyche ward where she comes to realize she’s not alone. Through new friendships, unwelcomed therapy, and her love of the stars, she finds alternate ways to cope with her emotions on her path to forgiveness and redemption. 

I'm putting numbers in the captions, so you can just give me the cover #. Thanks in advance! You can also let me know if there is a particular font you like as well.


1

2

3

10 comments:

  1. The first, of the girl about to cut herself.

    One of my daughters suffers from depression, and cuts on herself. It's truly terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Am I to be tie-breaker? *snicker* I think I'd like the first if it was a photo--I like the tension of it... about to cut herself. But I don't think it works quite as well that it's graphic. So I think I will go with #3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go with #1. I found it more intriguing than the other two. It says a lot without being too on-the-nose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of them are pretty amazing, but I really am struck by #3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm appreciating all your comments so much. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews