Friday, October 8, 2010

So, I told you about Thing Two kicking a guy in the gnarlies for spitting in her face?  Well, here's another story for ya.  Last week, this Freshman jerk was saying crude things about Thing One to Thing Two.  Thing Two, totally disturbed, called me.  I told her to be sure she told her sister so she knew what was being said about her.  End of story, right? Wrong.

Same boy a couple days ago was riding around on his skateboard after school, near the middle school again.  Why these high school boys still hang out by the middle school is beyond me, but whatever.  So he says the same thing about my precious first born to my second born.  This time, as he's skateboarding around, she sticks her foot out in front of his skateboard and sends him flying, then proceeds to tell him to "shut his f*@$&*g mouth."

Um, I'm still proud of her, I can't help it.  First she stand up for herself, then she stands up for her sister.  This kids rocks.  BUT, I don't want her to get overconfident.   Some puny skatehead may not do anything about it, but someone with a bigger attitude might come down on her.

I told her that's fine, but she needs to be careful.  Not everyone is going to sit back and take that and I wouldn't want to see her get beat up or anything.

She agreed.  I'm hoping she won't have to keep defending herself and herself to bullies and liars, but we are talking teenagers here. 




That's all.

Ciao,


Megan

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Just had to drop in and say your daughters are both total bad-asses. Sure, maybe they need to be careful in the future but for now, bravo to both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bullies can be physical or verbal. You daughters standing up against these kids might make an impression on the bullies ( likely not ) but it should make an impression on others who can also step in to stop. .. One bully at a time ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad she is able to defend herself and her sister. Bullies are less likely to mess with someone they know will not take it. I only hope my daughters are that confident when they get older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitley see why you're proud--and also why that might be a little scary. The no fear thing can definitely lead to run-ins with NUTS who can end up violent.

    Probably with THIS kid, it sounds like both hanging at the middle school and talking bad about Thing 1 are cases of trying to 'raise himself' in his own estimation, and your daughter managed to undo that--more power to her. If I were him, I certainly woulnd't be frequenting the MS anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you go to a rough school, some martial arts classes might be in order. The deterrant affect of that on others is amazing.

    Back in the day I wrestled in high school. That is one of the few skills I used time and time again after leaving.

    A little training is a great confindence builder, and can teach restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments. They really are bad ass girls and that's just one of the many reasons I love them.

    Walter, it's not really rough school. It's just kids being kids, talking shit, and acting cool. I hope my daughter made that kid feel really stupid.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews