Friday, October 22, 2010

Writing Life

I've sat down a few times to write my autobiography.  I even got about forty pages off once.  But really, why sit and write about me when I can inject my experiences, my mistakes, the things I've learned and lived into my fiction. And in truth, it's what I've been doing all along without really knowing it.  Well, maybe knowing isn't the correct term, maybe without really thinking about it.

But I guess that's what we all do as writers.  Write what we know.  Right?

Short and sweet.

Ciao,

Megan

5 comments:

  1. Yes, a lot of us goes into our fiction. I hate it though when readers think all of us is in our fiction.

    No one could be as cool (or hot) as our fictional characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a story that might make a book. It's a very different genre from what I WRITE. But I feel obliged to wait until the other primary players are almost, as it isn't always flattering...

    I DO inject some of me in the fiction, but I guess writing a totally DIFFERENT kind of dark leaves me free to think it's not done yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. autobiographies are so passe

    you need someone to do one of those unauthorized ones on you, where they can dig up ALL the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's right (write). When you become rich and famous, I'll write your unauthorized autobiography and dig up all the dirt. I don't suppose you have hidden video?

    It will be a NY Times best seller.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews