Friday, April 29, 2011

F³A: America is Crazy. For Realsies.

What am I referring to you ask?  Is it the fact that so many were glued to their sets to watch the royal wedding?  That people are actually paying to go see Charlie Sheen speak?  That Birthers STILL don't believe Obama is American even though he produced his birth certificate?


Bringing sexy back
No.  That is NOT what I'm referring to, though any of the above would make a fantastic blog post *makes notes for next week*  I'm referring the the travesty that took place on national television last night.  Casey Abrams was voted off of Idol last night.

Um, what?

Most of these people suck
Casey was a judge favorite and probably the most talented person to ever set foot on the idol stage.  Disagree with me?  Fine.  He's a singer, songwriter, musician.  You cannot debate the fact that he has an awesome voice.  No matter what he sings (aside from maybe Smells Like Teen Spirit) he has made me swoon.  He brought sexy back to the upright bass.  He scats like mad.  Rough around the edges, sure, but expendable? Not even close.

My idol obsession
He's got more style than Jacob, more versatility than Scotty, more experience than Lauren, and he growls better than Haley (I love Haley too, but not as much as Casey).  And he . . . uh . . . well, comparing him to James would be like comparing apples to oranges. Can't do it. (and now that Casey is gone, James is a shoo in to win.  If he doesn't I may just boycott Idol fooooorrrreeevvvvvverrrrrr)

However, there is no doubt in my mind Casey will get a recording contract.  And I'll be first in line at the iTunes store (figuratively) to buy his stuff.

meh.



 Friday Nibbles:

Random Pandora (iPod is dead) Shuffle Song: In the Waiting Line by Zero 7

Book of the Week: Hard choice, I hit the Borders sale yesterday.  I think I'm going to go with Kristina McBride's, The Tension of Opposites. Been wanting to read it for awhile.

Movie of the Week:  What is a movie? Kidding, let's go with another purchase from Borders, Blood and Chocolate.

Quote of the Week:   "Wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us, come because we actually deserve them?  So now I take comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the Universe."  ~ Marcus Cole

Random Thought (this is new, I'll tell you some of the weird crap that comes from my head):  I dreamt about zombies last night and now I think I'm going to write a zombie book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews