Friday, April 15, 2011

F³A: Conference

And I totally forgot to write yesterday.  My bad.  I was just going to talk about people being in such a hurry all the time.  The other day people were cutting people off, passing dangerously in a no passing area.  I even got honked at RIGHT after the light turned green.  Pissed me off.

But enough about that.  I'm heading to SCBWI's Western Washington Conference today.  I'm excited and nervous.  This will be my first conference.  I know there will be people there I know, but I'm quite shy in real life, I'm going to have to break out of my shell to be sociable.

Here are the classes I will be attending:

Conference orientation for first time Attendees
Marketing Mania
Published Pros
Learning and honing
How far is too far in teen lit
Five ways to make your character sparkle
Writing from anger
Character driven stories

I think I will benefit from all these sessions

Anyone else going?

You know, two more people follow and that 200th person gets a prize.  Are you holding out to be the 200th?

Time for Friday Nibbles:

Random iPod Shuffle Song: Kelly Clarkson, Already Gone

Memento NoraBook of the Week: Angie Smibert's Memento Nora.  I've not read it yet, just got it in the mail and am excited about it.

Movie of the Week: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.  Out on DVD.

Quote of the Week: "Rivers know this:  there is no hurry.  We shall get there someday."  ~A.A. Milne

7 comments:

  1. Megan, we need to be friends. I'm headed down for the conference tonight. It's my first conference and like you, I'm a bit nervous cause I'm a bit too shy in person... We'll have to keep an eye out for each other!

    -Keary Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. email me meganbostic at ymail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to our first conference last weekend, but it was a lot smaller than the one you're going to, I'm sure. Plus, we were together, so that probably made it easier.

    Then again, I'm so not-shy, I talked so much, they asked me to come sit on a panel next year. Talk it up, Megan!!
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. erica, look at you, girl?!?! getting yourself all paneled. :)

    Megan have fun. I bet you're going to love it and get yourself paneled too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun! I am friend's with Keary, who linked me to ur site, and mega jealous that I wasn't able to go this year. Hopefully next!

    And hey... if its showing it right... I think I am the 200th follower! oo...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay, you are the 200th!! I'll get ahold of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, have a great time at the concert!! Everyone is gonna love you.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews