Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Life is Fragile

I don't know how many times we're reminded of this throughout our lives. I've seen people in losing battles with alcohol and drugs. I've seen them in vehicle accidents. I've seen death. Too much of it for my age I think. Two people I knew died while I was in high school. Two right after. Many along the way up until now. My own daughter almost died on me when she was only five weeks old.

Yet still, and I'm guilty as anyone, we sit idle. Become complacent in life. Live an unhappy existence. I even wrote a book on the subject and I still find myself at times, sitting back watching the world go by.  Not as much as I used to, but still, a little.

I have tried to live up to the message of my book though. I've done a lot the last couple years. I've written books, gone to New York, Arizona, Sundance. I've started running, biking again. I'm getting out of my comfort zone. I try to touch people's live in a positive way. But still, I let myself get all crazy and frustrated by the things I can't control. I need to learn to let it go. YOLO. That's the motto. You only live once.

Do I want to live it frustrated all the time? Letting the smallest thing get to me? No. I merely want to LIVE it, and live it well. Live it to the best of my ability with no regret.

I'm having a contest. I posted it Monday. Enter here. Just post 6 things on your bucket list.

I'm dedicating this blog today to my niece, Gina. She was in a car accident yesterday. As you can see, she's amazingly beautiful and full of life. Could you send some good vibes, prayers or whatever you may do? Injuries seem to be minor, but everything helps, you know?

Live and love without regret,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews