Friday, January 4, 2013

F³A: ABNA

You've probably heard me talk about this before, but it's that time of year, the ABNA contest is coming up. I didn't enter last year, but am going to this year.

To enter I have to come up with an awesome pitch. I've not written one for Dissection yet, not really. I mean, I've written a query letter, but being that I could get ousted from the contest if my pitch isn't good enough, well, that really sucks.

It's a crap shoot really. My book is dark, Syd's voice is brash, and there's an 'F' bomb in the first paragraph. If I get the wrong judges, I'm, for lack of a better word, fucked.

The last time I entered, I got thrashed by one of the judges. He didn't understand the voice at all, and he thought I was a teen, which I took as a compliment that my voice was spot on. The review wasn't just bad. I can handle a bad review, but it was cruel. I didn't really care anyway, well, maybe a little, but only because the ignorance ousted me from the contest.

So I'm diving back in. Who's entering? What kind of book are you entering?

Okay Friday Scribbles:

Next Pandora Song: A Message by Coldplay

Book of the Week: Hooked by Liz Fichera. A 2013 Young Adult release. Awesome book. Make sure you buy it.

Netflix of the Week: Breaking Bad Season 4. Just finished. Now I have to wait for the final season. >:(

Quote of the Week: "Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe."
Sumner Redstone

Happy Friday Ya'll!!
Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews