Monday, January 28, 2013

Introducing...ME!

So today is . A bunch of us bloggers are re-introducing ourselves, then checking out the other bloggers on the list that are participating. To find out more, click here.

So, this is me. I'm Megan Bostic. I am Creative Chaos. Why? Because my writing style, as well as my life is in a constant state of chaos. That's it. I'm a legal marketer during the day writer at night. My first novel, Never Eighteen was published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt just over a year ago.

I'm also a soccer mom, vlogger, blogger (obviously), amateur poet, who likes to mess with graphic design, websites, and other crap.

I mostly write contemporary realistic young adult (YA) literature, though I have a couple adult books in the works, as well as fantasy and sci-fi YA. I do like to write about dark or sad subjects, as I think they are stories that need to be told and I like to write characters that teens (and adults) can relate to.

My two teen daughters, who I often refer to as Thing One and Thing Two, are crazy beautiful, totally inappropriate, disgusting, and hilariously funny.

I'm a fan of the "F" word.

I love monkeys.

I wear black daily.

I love kickboxing.

I'm also a fan of NFL football, soccer, and my children.

I have a boyfriend who's off the charts awesome.

I think I'm going to try my hand at self publishing this year.

Music and life are my inspiration for writing.

I think that's it.

Hoping to see you on your blogs. Please feel free to leave a comment. I love comments and try to respond to them all.

Have a great re-introduction day!






13 comments:

  1. Hi Megan, nice touch with the name tag. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by. Nice to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Nice to meet you. I 'm also a fan of the F word. :)

    Susie
    http://susreviews.blogspot.com/2013/01/allow-me-to-reintroduce-myself-blogfest.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming by Sue. I'll be sure to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally sound like my kind of person! And your daughters and you seem to have a similar relationship to my mum and I - we are both disgusting and proud OF it. hehe

    I think I am going to self-publish this year too! Just not sure what yet... I'm thinking of starting small, with a novella. But we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with all your goals, and your daughters must just love you. Too cool! No, I mean Uber-cool!

    Nice to meet you Megan, I'm Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep on writing! I've done both indie and traditional publishing and there are pluses and minuses to both. Do what you think is best for your book and career.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to meet you, Megan. I tend to like darker books, movies, and TV.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for coming by all. So nice to meet you!!! I think we'll be fantastic friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, congrats on your first novel last year. My YA series was much, much lighter. I just don't think the deep, dark stuff I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Megan,

    It's been a LONG time. This is the perfect time to say hi, and reintroduce ourselves.

    ABNA 2010... talk about a blast for the past. LOL.

    We have so much more in common than our Italian heritage. My second novel is a dark, edgy, Y/a contemporary. Deals with an army brad abused by his militant father. As you said, kids need to see the REAL world too.

    All the best with your endeavors. Drop by my blog if you get a chance...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Megan.
    You seem like lots of fun! What a snazzy name tag...
    Congrats on the release of your first novel last year.
    Please do enlighten me, where exactly is the Pacific Northwest? I'll have to google it.
    Nice to meet you via the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks all. I'll take a look at all your blogs.

    Michelle, the Pacific Northwest consists of Washington State, Oregon, Montana, Idaho. I think that's it. lol.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews