Friday, February 22, 2013

F³A: Heavy Heart

Do you ever have those days where you know everything is not right with your world, but you can't put your finger on it? I mean, I suppose I have plenty of reasons to have a heavy heart today:

  • the gray
  • the rain
  • losing weight
  • my nose hurts
  • I have a big zit on my cheek that doesn't want to go away
  • going indie on my next novel
  • asking for money to go indie on my next novel
  • being away from my boyfriend for 5 days
  • coming to the realization that both my kids are driving which means I'm getting older
  • disenchantment with the publishing world
  • not enough time to do everything I want or need to
  • slowly seeing my dream of being a full time writer  slipping away...

But today shouldn't be any worse than yesterday or the day before. Nothing has changed. Why all of a sudden do I feel gloom and doom today.

I think I'll just blame it on the rain *do NOT, I repeat NOT cue Milli Vanilli* Today the rain is loud, and though that may have helped me in my sleeping endeavors, it certainly isn't helping in my waking life. I think today I need some rainbows and sunshine and for this rain to go away.

Here are the Friday Scribbles:

Pandora Playlist Song:  St. Walker by Young the Giant.

Book of the Week: Um, I've been so busy, I kind of forget what a book is. Maybe next week.

Netflix of the Week: Desperate Housewives season two. Just started it last night.

Quote of the Week: "The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. ~ Blaise Pascal  

Happy Friday all. Have a good weekend.

5 comments:

  1. You know I've had about 2 years of days like that and just this week discovered a medical problem that is quite possible to blame for my funk. I'm only a few days in and whether the medicine is truly helping or I just think it is I feel a new found enthusiasm that I pray lasts.

    Don't discount a physical cause to your woes the way I did for so long, but whatever the reason I hope you find some sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Travis, I hope you find your way out of your funk soon. And yes, I don't discount physical causes, but I know that I thrive on the sun, and it's been absent for quite a while.

    Thank you for your comment and concern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well today is Sunday and I hope that you're feeling much better Megan!
    Chin up and shoulders back! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading the Joe Konrath blog about how to self publish should pick you up. The archives are a wealth of information.

    http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Michelle. Was up, Monday lots going on that has brought me back down. sigh.

    Walter, have been reading that. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews