Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Thoughts on the last year

I know, it's been forever since I blogged. Life has changed, I have changed, but I do miss blogging and writing and would like to get back into it.

I'm not going to sugar coat things...this year has been hard. I've been harassed by a former boyfriend. I've been screwed by a business relation. There have been some issues with family and friends. My health has been okay at best. Investments have not been kind...

I'm thankful for a new year. But honestly, I think I may say that every year (not going to go back to look). Though this year has been difficult, it's also had its moments.

Because I have a great right hand gal at work, I've been given the opportunity to pursue other work, so I can keep a roof over my head. She's not just an employee, but a friend, confidante, and the bad ass when we need a bad ass (and we have a few times).

I've been working closely with my sisters and a few other family and friends  to attend to the family matters at hand, especially where my parents are concerned, to keep them safe and healthy.

I can always count on my daughters to help me out when needed. Whether its work, chores, or fun, or just letting me cry on their shoulders, they are my love and my light.

My list of friends is fairly small, but the ones I have are rocks. Many of them would help me to their own detriment.. I hope I am the kind of friend to them that they are to me.

One long distance friend and I have brought back the art of letter writing. The ball is in my court now, but I have appreciated and been reminded about how personal, therapeutic, and magical letter writing can be.

There are amazing people out there that support my small business. Support it, talk about it, lift it up, and I am so grateful to those that support not just my small business, but all small business.

I'm not about resolutions anymore, but in this new year I want to nurture my businesses, my friendships, my family relationships. I want to do more, see more, be more. I want to love, not only those close to me, but myself, because I think that is so important in our health, relationships and happiness. Life goes fast. It's faster than I ever imagined when I was young. I want to spend less time on the unimportant, and more time writing, reading, traveling and doing the things and spending time with the people that make me happy.

I'm on my way. I've already started. In this last few days I have read, written fiction and journaled, created art, and spent less time on my phone, and more time in my life. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I hope you all have a safe and happy new year and that the good in life overcomes the bad.

Peace and Love,
Megan



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews