Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Top 4 Fears: # 2 Spiders

Do NOT tell me they are more afraid of me than I am of them. They are disgusting, gross, they scurry and jump and bite. They make my skin crawl and I break out in goosebumps when I see them. The big ones make me immobile, unable to think, or breathe. I cannot get within at least ten feet of the huge ones. I cannot even get close enough to suck them up in a shop vac. I make my eleven year old do it.



Yes, I'm talking about spiders, black, furry, creepy spiders.



Yes, I know they do the earth a lot of good, but not when they're inside my kitchen, or my bedroom. Not when they're crawling across my floor, or my computer keyboard. If they set foot inside my house and I see them, they will die.

2 comments:

  1. Yes...spiders are to be feared!!!

    I wasn't so scared of them until I woke up one morning with no less than 10 spider bites on me. If I'd been camping that MIGHT have been okay, but I was in my bed.

    To this day I still check my bed.

    If they are where they're supposed to be (like outside) I leave 'em be, but if their in my house, then thay are suicidal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not scared. Just not. I got a spider bite on my shoulder one time that got bigger, and bigger, and bigger. After a while, my shoulder felt like it had been kicked by a mule. When my arm started to go numb, my husband dragged me to the doctor, who said, "Wow, it's a good thing you take Allegra every day. It probably suppressed your reaction - without it, you'd have REALLY reacted." I'm still not scared. Spiders eat mosquitoes and other bugs I hate a lot more.

    My sister creeped out my daughter, though, by pointing out that all spiders are carnivores. Sigh. (Oh, sorry, did that creep you out, too?)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews