Thursday, July 23, 2009

Top 4 Fears: # 1 Something Happening to My Children

Yes, this is more than likely the number one fear of any parent. I cannot stand the thought of my children hurt. I've already lived it a little with illness, falling down stairs, smacking heads, almost being hit by a car. But for something really big, and really bad to happen? That would kill me.


I was probably a little too overprotective when they were young, especially with the first, but to me, other parents didn't seem protective enough.


I've loosened up a little, but I cringe when they go to sleepovers, ride their bikes, or just walk down to the corner. I find myself praying (and I'm not really the praying type) to let them come home unscathed.


They always do of course. But still I worry.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yes. I'm with you on this, Megan. And my eldest is in her late 30s! It never stops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I guess this does outrank spoiled milk products.

    I suppose this'll be a new fear for me in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have anxiety dreams where my daughter is falling and I can't catch her. It's such a fine line between trying to keep them safe and being so overprotective that you encourage timidity.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews