Monday, August 16, 2010

Waiting for the cable guy...

Since I have some time to kill while waiting for the cable and wireless network guy, and since life is calming down a bit, I thought I would try to get back to the blog.

Much has happened the last few weeks.  I find myself embarking on new challenges that include moving, finding, a job, and working on revisions for my editor.  Life changing challenges.  And though at times things have been hectic, chaotic even, in the end, everything always seems to work itself out.  They work out not because I'm some super woman or brilliant beyond words.  They work out because of my supporting cast, the people around me who lift me up when I've hit the floor.

Sometimes we may take these people for granted, our parents, our brothers and sisters, our friends.  The cable guy.  Ok, maybe not the cable guy, but those other people for sure.  Always remember the people who pick you up.  Return the favor when they need it.  Be the person to them that they've always been to you.

That is all.  It feels good to be back.

Ciao,

Megan

8 comments:

  1. I was expecting a chorus of "Wind Beneath My Wings". You'd be much easier to get off the ground than Bette Midler. If you ever need a lift, I'm there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlie. I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have a reliable back-up team! You're right, that it is important to show the gratitude when people have helped us out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I hope all of you know that you're part of that support team. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of time has passed. "The Angsty Writer" was the first blog I ever visited, after seeing your posts on the ABNA Contest discussion board. I remember someone said something mean to you, and your response was "Bite me!" Then I viewed one of your video reviews. I thought, "That lady might have an interesting blog." But, I didn't even know what blogs were all about.

    My entry in the ABNA contest failed to even get past the first round, so it was back to writing and re-writing. I am proud to report that since then the first three books of my America's Galactic Foreign Legion series are doing very well. The AGFL series is selling about ten books a day, and sales are increasing.

    The big surprize, however, is that most sales are not in paperback. My paperbacks are not selling at all lately. My sales are almost all Amazon Kindle books.

    All three books boast an impressisve Kindle book sales ranking (the sales ranking changes hourly at Amazon). And now, the book I submitted so long ago to ABNA (Book 4 of my AGFL series) is due out in a couple weeks) The publisher is working on the cover art.

    I published through a small press. At first I thought that would be a major handycap. However, there are many readers out there who only buy books using their Kindle eReader. My books can now compete with big New York publishers even though the books are locked out of Barnes & Noble type stores, even though B&N sells my books online.

    You were an inspiration early on because I had a lot of "angst" when my writing project just started. It seemed nothing was happening fast enough. All is good now.

    Sincerely,

    Walter Knight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted you to buy this new product...

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews