Thursday, September 23, 2010

Austin's Journey: The Space Needle

Following Austin's journey once again, this time to the Space Needle.  Funny, I've lived in this area pretty much my whole life, and never stepped foot in the Space Needle until researching for this book a year ago.  

He takes his best friend, who also happens to be his secret crush there, a place neither of them had ever been.  It takes 41 seconds to reach the top of the 605 foot tower built for the 1962 World's Fair.  Here are some panoramics I took while I was there. 

This was the line to get in.  It doesn't even show a quarter of it.

We come full circle.
  
I don't think you can even get the idea of how amazing this structure is from the pictures.  You have to come see it for yourself.

Ciao,

Megan

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Great pictures! Looks impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It is, and the food is good in the restaurant too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cool posts are really making me look forward to the book, Megan. How are revisions coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were there last year--incredible. Your pics do it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mitch, thanks so much. The revisions so far have been pretty unstressful. My editor said I gave her a clean ms, so that's good. We'll see what round two brings.

    Jenny, next time you're here, let me know, we'll get together. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews