Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Morning Blahg: 42

I am now the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. You know what that means, right?  You know Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? :)
It means today is my birthday and I am 42.  And it honestly doesn't bother me at all to be another year older. (no really, stop laughing)  Birthdays have never bothered me.  Well, I did flip out after number 40, but I've heard most people do.  You did, right?
It really doesn't bother me because for the last six months I thought I was going to be 43 this year.  So in a way, I've gained a year.
This last year has been full of big changes for me.  In March I finally found an agent to rep my work after looking for about three years.
In April I went to Disneyland and on that vacation found out that Houghton Mifflin Harcourt wanted to publish my novel.
I joined a great group of debut writers called the Class of 2k11. And though I'm now part of the Class of 2k12, I'm still a 2k11er in my heart.
I got to attend the book releases of two wonderful writers, Holly Cupala, and Carole Estby Dagg.
 I've met some really fabulous people this year, both virtually and tangibly. 
I started a new life, new house, new car, new job.
It's been a big year.  And the next, I keep saying, will be EPIC.  I want to thank everyone who has touched my life and supported me this last year, in either little or big ways.  Every little bit counts. 
Thank you friends.
~Best
Megan


8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Here's to that EPIC year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I feel like I know you from the ABNA forum, this interwebby thing is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it certainly is isn't it. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Happy writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great attitude about next year, yay!! My husband's nine months older than me, so I can never remember which birthday I'm on, either. :)
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! This year will be awesome because your book will be out before your next birthday!

    Throws confetti!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews