I read a quote about kissing today and it reminded me how much I like kissing. It didn't really need to remind me really. I mean, I just really like kissing. It's funny, not everyone does. Can you believe that?
I also like writing kissing scenes.
I like reading kissing scenes.
I like kissing quotes.
Some of them take my breath away.
I'm going to share some kissing things I like with you today, because, well, I like kissing. And I'm a sap.
- "Lips that taste of tears, they say, are best for kissing." ~ Dorothy Parker
- "Then I did the simplest thing in the world. I leaned down...and kissed him. And the world cracked open." ~ Agnes de Mille
- "Kisses are like tears, the only real ones are the ones you can't hold back." ~ Unknown
- "Kiss me and you will see stars, love me and I will give them to you." ~ Unknown
- “Kiss me, and you will see how important I am.” ~ Sylvia Plath
- "She kissed me, and my mouth wrote a poem of welcome to her lips." ~ Ward Elliot Hour
- "Each kiss a heart-quake..." ~ Lord Byron
- “Kissing is like drinking salted water: you drink and your thirst increases” ~ Chinese proverb
- “At the first kiss I felt something melt inside me that hurt in an exquisite way. All my longings, all my dreams and sweet anguish, All the secrets that slept deep within me came awake, Everything was transformed and enchanted, everything made sense.” ~ Hermann Hesse
- “I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days.” ~ Crash Davis from Bull Durham
- “No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” ~ Rhett Butler from Gone With the Wind (movie)
If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this:
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.
Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,
Which mannerly devotion shows in this;
For saints have hands that pilgrims’ hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers’ kiss.
Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?
Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.
O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do;
They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.
Saints do not move, though grant for prayers’ sake.
Then move not, while my prayer’s effect I take.
Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged.
Then have my lips the sin that they have took.
Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged!
Give me my sin again.
First (and almost) kisses from my own writing...(I think these scenes may have been before editing, just FYI)
Never Eighteen...On a haunted house ride at the state fair...
Face after hideous, chilling, menacing face comes at us, and Kaylee’s body shudders and jolts with each one. I put my arm around her and pull her in. She lays her head down on my shoulder and takes my other hand in hers on my lap. I feel my body start to react to her; my heart feels as though it will tear through my chest. I turn toward her; she’s so close, I can hear her breathe. I kiss the top of her head. She shifts beside me. Th rough the green, blue, and black lights, I see her turn her face up toward mine. I bend in for that kiss I’ve waited so long for. Just as our lips are about to join, our car bursts through the doors at the end of the ride, an ambush of bright sun blinding us.
Dissected...at a kegger...(and she's a mythology freak, hence the word 'ouroborus')
He turned to me, our faces so close together I could smell the beer on his breath intermingled with his cologne. He brushed his lips against my cheek and up to my ear. “Thank you,” he said. He kissed my earlobe, my neck. His lips found mine and our tongues intertwined like an ouroborus. We both placed our cups on the floor and fell back onto the bed. We kissed, our hands wandered. Then it stopped. More accurately, I stopped. He backed away and stared at me.
Girl in Motion...after getting beat up...
I looked in his eyes, eyes I was starting to fall in love with, and though it hurt to talk because my lip was so big and puffy, I said, “I couldn’t quit now even if I wanted to.”
“Because that means he wins.”
He grabbed my hand, and said. “So let him win. Who cares?”
“It’s not just that. This is important to me. I’m doing it for me, my dad. I can’t just quit. I need to do this.”
“But look at yourself,” he said stroking my cheek with the back of his hand. “You’re getting all bruised up here,” he said then leaned in and kissed the side of my face. “—and here,” then he kissed the spot between the bridge my nose and my eye. “—and your lip is getting all fat and ugly.” He looked in my eyes, then leaned in and kissed my lips. And it hurt but there was no way in hell I was about to stop him. “Chelsea,” he said, then he kissed me again, and I let him.
He put his forehead against mine and surprised me by saying, “I love you. Please don’t go through with this.”
“I have to Tommy. I’m sorry.”
He backed off and said, “I guess there’s only one thing to do then.”
“Have your back,” he said giving me a cute little smile.