Tuesday, October 29, 2013

NaNoWriMo: What will you be writing?

 NaNoWriMo. For those of you who do not know what it is, it stands for National Novel Writing Month. In a nutshell, in the month of November hundreds of thousands of writers across the country will make it their personal goal to write a 50 thousand word novel.

Yes. I'm going to try again. I was successful only twice (one of those became the published Never Eighteen after loads of revision). One other year  I used the month to edit and revise a finish project (which I think I succeeded, I don't really remember) and last year I used to finish a project, in which I just got bogged down and didn't complete, then decided to put that project aside in favor of another, but did get up to 30k. Not sure I'll ever finish that one, but we'll see.

This year, I'm going to do that again, take November to finish a project I've already started. That project is my YA contemporary, A Tattered Life. Right now it's at 9,518.

This may prove to be difficult since I'm also trying to plan a release party for Dissected,  soccer season is still going, and the holidays are upon us.

If you've never done it, it's fun. If you go to the NaNoWriMo website, you can buddy up with friends (find me there and buddy with me, MeganBostic) and motivate each other. You can track your progress, post excerpts and more. Check it out.

So, are you NaNoing? If so, what are you writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews