Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Top 4 Pet Peeves: # 3 Inattentive Parents


I really don't think I'm a judgemental person, but it drives me nuts when people don't watch their kids. I'm not a perfect parent, but one thing I do pride myself on is how my children have always behaved in public.

I'm not going to go into great detail here, but when my house gets destroyed, my things get broken, my garden gets trampled through because someone isn't watching their child, it irritates me. Um, hello, if your kid isn't in the room with you, you better go see where they are. Don't you think? Or maybe if you see your child being destructive, hurtful, etc, try to do something about it.

But I'm not only concerned with stuff. After all, it's just stuff. I'm concerned with your child's safety. Our kids are older, we no longer have safety latches on every cupboard, drawer, and outlet in the house. We don't close the doors to our stairs. There are probably choking hazards lying around. We have sharp objects in our kitchen. Do you know where your kid is? Because when I'm hosting a party, it's not my job to watch them.
Rant over.
Thanks for reading. Come back tomorrow for my # 2 pet peeve.
Kisses
:*
Megan

6 comments:

  1. Excellent pet peeve, and one of mine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,

    That was a mercifully short rant for those who deserve much more of an earful.

    These type of parents DRIVE ME NUTS.

    And, like you, I was a childcare professional so I saw many folks like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying not to be too detailed to protect those who committed these fouls. Let's just say if this sounds like you, you might want to correct it, or, well, someone might blog about you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Duct tape idea, some parents should keep it handy to seal the noise box when it goes of in public places.

    Ruben M. Stotsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, that photo just makes me want to call CPS or something.

    When kids make noise in public ... that's called living on planet Earth. It's real life. Even well-behaved children act up in public. Children often test the boundaries of things. The people that are most annoyed by it are the ones who were the loudest and most obnoxious when they were young. They've just become too selfish and detached in their waning years.

    Adults always pride themselves by being non-conformist and trying to be socially 'different', hoping to stand out -- and it makes me laugh -- because that's exactly what two year olds are doing. But I think people without children don't grasp that very basic and obvious perspective.

    I'm oblivious to other kids acting that way. I do the best I can with mine and just hope to get through each day in one piece.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews