Monday, June 15, 2009

Top 4 Pet Peeves: # 4 Jesus SPAM


Thanks for reading last week's top four, and for weighing in. This week's is a little lighter, my top four pet peeves. The first is what I like to call Jesus SPAM


Let me get something clear right here, I have nothing against, Jesus. What I do have a problem with is people sending their religion to my inbox and then trying to guilt me into forwarding it to ten more people.


Jesus and I have a private relationship. I don't need anyone telling me I need to make it better. I don't like to read sappy fictional tales about miracles in order to teach me a lesson in morality. I don't appreciate you telling me I need to pray.


I really don't appreciate you telling me if I don't forward the e-mail I will spend an eternity in hell, or that my prayers will be answered. That's a bunch of crap. The e-mails that at the end say, if you believe in God (or Jesus) send this to ten friends. What if I don't send it on? That doesn't necessarily mean I don't believe, it only means that I don't forward stupid cheesy e-mails to my friends and family. I also don't think I need to quantify my relationship with God or Jesus to anyone. It's none of your business.


I apologize if this blog comes off as harsh, but to me, faith is a private thing. What I do or don't believe is no one's business. I also don't think it's right for people to push their religion on anyone else unless it's asked of them. My two cents.


Come back tomorrow for my # 3 pet peeve.


Thanks for reading.


Kisses

:*

Megan
Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews