Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back to Life, Back to Reality...

Now that I've lived like a rock star for five days, it's time to clean up, pack up, and get back home.  I've got a lot on my plate the next few weeks and I'm not sure where to start.  I know a trip to either the consignment store or Goodwill is in order as I've come to the realization that my closet is way too full of clothes I haven't worn in way too long.  I'm also going to make Thing One and Thing Two go through their things.

My muse as of late has been working overtime and I cannot get her to slow down. So now I've got two ms's I'm actively working on, and still probably need to do another round of edits on Cheesy before sending it to my agent toward the end of summer.  Have I mentioned that I hate edits?  I try to fool myself into thinking it's fun, but in reality, it's not.  If someone likes edits please tell me why.  Sway me into liking them.

I'm also house hunting.  I've found the perfect place, but unfortunately, it's a short sale, which my realtor tells me is a pain in the butt.  Figures.  I fell in love with it and of course now nothing will live up to it in my eyes.  It's big, it's colorful, it's full of light.  It's perfect for me.

Other than that, I'll need to lose the 20 pounds I gained this weekend, get myself a pedicure, and patiently await my advance check which should be coming within the next few weeks.  Woot!

Have a great Tuesday all.

Ciao,

Megan

1 comment:

  1. I love revisions (at least early ones) because it means making the book sing - fleshing out the characters. Fixing clunky writing and making it also gel as a reality in your brain.

    How bout those reasons?

    I just don't like the 12th set of revisions... but even those if someone gives me direction and it's going to make it a better book?! Yup! :)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews